Give a Book also work with and provide books for Book Clubs in Schools which is a not-for-profit organisation offering a unique peer-to-peer mentoring programme which inspires a lifelong love of reading and critical thinking.
What They Do
- Book clubs are run in secondary schools in which older pupils (Ys 10 and 12) lead book clubs for younger pupils (Y7)
- Target schools in disadvantaged areas as the pupils in these schools which derive the most benefit
- Provide training sessions and materials to book club leaders to facilitate book clubs
- Develop questions and activities related to the books which we provide to book clubs to stimulate discussion and encourage a passion for reading
- Work with the schools to track the academic results and benefits of book clubs
- Currently running in secondary schools in London, Bournemouth and Stockport